Basic Computer and Windows Skills
Basic Computer and Windows Skills teaches basic computer skills about how to start a computer and how to use the Windows software. The course includes how to set up a hierarchical filing system.
The course is interactive which means there are activities after most skill demonstrations and a quiz after each lecture. You have an unlimited number of attempts to get the quizzes correct which assists in your learning outcome.
This course is based on the criteria of the accredited course BSBITU101 but has so much more.
- Basic mouse and keyboard skills
- How to start the computer and set up a great password
- Tour of the Windows desktop
- Navigating file explorer
- Creating folders and files and an effective hierarchical filing system
- Renaming and moving folders and files
- How to use HELP and search for information and assistance
- Printing and the correct shut-down procedure
- Ergonomics checklist
- Keyboard exercises