Terms of Trade Policy with Procedures Course
The Terms of Trade Policy with Procedures Course is a step by step guide to create a unique policy for a your business. The Policy defines the terms of trade a business will give a customer. In addition, determines the circumstances when the payment of the sale is expected to be received. This policy refers to the terms of trade, not the conditions of sale. Many businesses combine the terms of trade with the conditions of sale on the back of invoices in small print. Therefore, different customers call for different terms. Most of all, there is a better chance of employees following the business’s vision due to the rules defined in a policy.
The policy covers situations such as the number of days, deposits and progress payments throughout the job. Also, what happens if payment is not received; and when you will advise the customer of the terms. Will it be when the customer gets the quote, or at the initial negotiation of the sale? In addition, issues such as the format of the invoice are addressed. As a result, what is included enhances your chances of getting paid on-time.
Advice from the QLD Government Business website: “Sending a clear message to customers about when and how you expect to be paid will help you manage cash flow and maintain good customer relationships.”
Course Topics Include:
- Basic criteria for writing any policy with procedures results in readability
- it includes the specific language and tone of the policy document
- and the structure of the policy
- You will have a unique policy to suit your business as a result of the step by step guide.
- Monitoring outstanding customer debt is monitored by meetings and a agenda template is included
Downloads in the course:
- A list of basic criteria of language and structure of a policy
- The Terms of Trade policy template shows an example of the final document
- Meeting agenda template is included.
Having experience in basic bookkeeping and accounts receivable would be an advantage
Companion Courses for the Terms of Trade Policy
What are the essential skills required to effectively collect outstanding customer debt? How can a small business owner deal with customer excuses? Learn these skills and more in the Effective Debt Collection Strategies Course.
Do you want a strategy that defines who is given credit and how to assess the customer for reliability to pay? Then the Customer Credit Policy Course is a step by step guide to create that policy.
Every business needs a Complaints Policy, but policies and procedures are not easy to write. The Complaints Policy Course’s step by step guide for creating the complaints policy, makes the task easier.